soon-to-be

soon-to-be
soon-to-be organic girl (with not-so-excited-about-it son) ~Beth

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend at Bernie’s

Days on WG30: 25 ½

So another tricky weekend…I have a feeling that will be the theme for the summer.  My parents came down from Alaska to celebrate my niece’s birthday in OR.  We drove to OR and again, I came fully prepared with a cooler stocked with yummy WGOF salads & veggies.  We arrived, and to my pleasant surprise my sister-in-law had a bbq prepared with organic hotdogs, buns, chips, salsa and a few other salads.  It was such a nice and appreciated gesture.  Throughout the weekend, I noticed my family took an extra second and at least considered a healthier option of what they wanted.  Considering my parents come from the Midwest and meat & potatoes are served at every meal (I had enough meat the first part of my life to cover another 12 lives), it was a big step for them.  It made me smile and I got a good feeling that my current lifestyle made others think about their choices and maybe change (even a little) for the better.
So another realization with this journey: the way you live your life does influence those close to you, and I am starting to believe it starts from within, what you feed your body & mind.

I am now even more excited about this journey, and there’s only 5 days left!
Thanks so much!  ~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment