soon-to-be

soon-to-be
soon-to-be organic girl (with not-so-excited-about-it son) ~Beth

Monday, June 6, 2011

National What Day?

Days on WG30: 6
Rude!  Friday was National Doughnut Day!  I am all about supporting our Nation and its quirky celebrated days but don’t they realize I can’t have a doughnut?!  But at the end of the day, I didn’t miss out on anything.  In fact, I haven’t craved sweets in a long time (long time being 5 days).  That is so weird…and cool at the same time.  Maybe I’m just running a fever or something.
On Friday my son really wanted to make a pizza, so I did some research and made an organic spinach pizza.  The crust was made with white rice flour, we put lots of WG’s spinach on it and added all natural pepperoni to the boy’s side.  I got a “this is the best pizza ever” comment so that’s a bonus.  I would have taken a picture for proof but it was gone in about 10 minutes, literally. 
Date night was a victory!  Found a certified organic café in the U-District: Chaco Canyon Café and we were pleasantly surprised.  They even had a beer & wine list, too cool!  The best part was the organic, raw “Cowboy Choco-Chip Cookie”.  I know it sounds a bit scary but taste buds don't lie! 
Sunday was a true test of my meal planning skills.  Between a late night Saturday (Lenny Kravitz and U2 rocked it btw) and an early Sunday morning to prepare and head out for the Roy Rodeo and then continue with the Open House at The Fields @ Willie Green’s, I had to have it all ready.  I did and I consider the first weekend on WG30 a success.  And according to the scale (not that I’ve always liked to believe it in the past) I have lost 5 lbs (woot woot)!
I am thinking of attempting to juice veggies for breakfast (can't help but grimace a bit). What is your favorite juicing recipe?  Thanks and chat soon!  ~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment