soon-to-be

soon-to-be
soon-to-be organic girl (with not-so-excited-about-it son) ~Beth

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 1 on WG30 (phew)

Today started off really well (yay)! I thought I’d miss my poor man’s mocha I’d make in the mornings but the black earl tea was a pleasant surprise.  That and the oatmeal started me off in a good mood.  Lunch was WG salad mix with carrots, radishes & an awesome balsamic vinaigrette dressing from Litehouse, then yogurt with Nature’s Path granola mixed in.  At dinner I was craving something warm so I cooked up some rapini and garlic (from the recipe in the last WGOF newsletter ~ I’ll post it below for those of you who didn’t see it)…this is where I have a confession: I have worked at WGOF for a year, and this was my first time trying rapini {blushing w/head down}.  It is SOOOOOO delish!  I didn’t have organic chicken broth so just used a cup of water & tasted just fine.  Next time I’ll find a pasta or rice to mix in.  Is there such thing as organic pasta?

I am feeling really good about myself, all orgaic all day, success on day 1!  Then I looked at the calendar to see what is coming up.  Date night!!!  Saturday night I have a special evening planned for my husband, which includes dinner and a concert…DINNER OUT!  And Sunday morning I have a rodeo in Roy then the Open House at the farm (hope to see you there).  This will be a true test of my planning and staying true to it all.
I need your help, what is your favorite organic place to eat in Seattle?  Thank you and chat soon! 

~Beth
Rapini & Garlic

Ingredients
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 T extra-virgin olive oil
2 bunches rapini, about 2 lbs., trim bottom 3 or 4 inches off
1 C low sodium, no-fat chicken broth

Directions
heat garlic in oil over medium heat in a large skillet until garlic sizzles in oil. Add the rapini, as much as you can fit in pan at a time. Turn and coat with oil as you wilt the greens. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes to soften the bitterness of the greens.

courtesy of Rachael Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment